New account - categorized transactions not showing up in reports

Options
I opened a new business account for my rental property business.   As rents have been received, I have categorized the transactions as rent received and then tagged them to the appropriate property.   However, when I run the rental property cash flow report, none of the transactions from this new account are showing up, so the rental income by property is off.    Also if i pull a report to just show rents received, the transactions don't show up.   I have gone back multiple times and categorized and tagged the transactions again and saved them, but that doesn't help.    Thoughts on what I need to go to fix this?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Are you using Saved Reports?
    If so, doublecheck the customization of these reports that the new account is included. Save the reports again, replacing the old saved version.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Thanks UKR.   No, I just run the standard cash flow report, YTD that Quicken provides.  When I look in the customization Tab, the account is checked  that transactions from it should show up in the report.  
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    From C. D. Bales:

" ... when I run the rental property cash flow report, none of the transactions from this new account are showing up ....".

The reports found at Reports > Rental Property will only utilize "rental property transactions".

To be considered a "rental property transaction": a transaction must have either a Schedule E tax line item assigned or no tax line item assigned, and have a rental property tag assigned.

The simplest way to get Schedule E tax line items assigned to transactions is to assign the appropriate Schedule E tax line item to the Quicken categories (in the Category List) you intend to use for your rental property income and expenses. Quicken has built-in rental property income/expense categories that already have Schedule E tax line items assigned, though you can always create your own rental property categories.

[You can also assign a tax line item directly to a transaction, even if the transaction category has no tax line item assigned (or a different tax line item assigned than you want). Right-click the transaction and select "Tax line item assignments".]

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.