Unable to send reports via email in Quicken 18

Ben12
Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
If I click on the email icon in a report, I input email addresses and am told the email was sent successfully. The emails never arrive. I normally use gmail for my email

Comments

• Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I've just tried this by emailing a report to myself and it appears to be working OK.  I created a report and chose to email it firstly as a PDF and then as an Excel file.  Both emails were created and sent, and I received both of them a few moments later.

It's worth noting that the email is sent from Quicken servers, so your report is uploaded to the server and then sent out from there in your name, it doesn't come from your own email account.  That might cause some spam filtering software to identify it as suspicious and block it.

So as your emails are reported as successfully sent but aren't arriving, I'd suggest the most likely thing is that they are getting caught in a spam filter at the destination, are you able to check if that's the case?

US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

I've just tried this by emailing a report to myself and it appears to be working OK.  I created a report and chose to email it firstly as a PDF and then as an Excel file.  Both emails were created and sent, and I received both of them a few moments later.

It's worth noting that the email is sent from Quicken servers, so your report is uploaded to the server and then sent out from there in your name, it doesn't come from your own email account.  That might cause some spam filtering software to identify it as suspicious and block it.

So as your emails are reported as successfully sent but aren't arriving, I'd suggest the most likely thing is that they are getting caught in a spam filter at the destination, are you able to check if that's the case?

You are exactly right Dan

I sent myself a report and Gmail put it in my spam folder.

Note also this is not a secure way of sending financial info. 
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Dan Glynhampton
    edited November 2018

Thanks for checking that out Jim. Yes, it’s not a secure method of sending the data which is shame as it’s potentially quite useful.

I might submit an idea post that Quicken adds password protection to the PDFs and Excel files before emailing them, if that is possible it would make the email capability much more useful.
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

Great idea to explain my issue. However, I sent both pdf and excel files to myself and I have not received them in spam or normal gmail account. If they show up, I will come back and update this comment
  • Ben12
    Ben12 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

More info. I can get the reports if I do the following. If I send a report to my yahoo account and send a copy to myself (gmail), I get both copies. It shows up in normal mail in yahoo and as spam in gmail. 
  • Dan Glynhampton
    edited November 2018

Does your gmail account have any kind of whitelist to which you can add the credentials of the one that got caught in the spam filter? Don’t know if it will help but I can’t think of any explanation of why the directly addressed messages disappear but the copied ones don’t.
This discussion has been closed.