IS A MONTHLY COMPARISON REPORT AVAILABLE BY TAG

debbie
debbie Member ✭✭
I HAVE GAS WELL INCOME.  A SINGLE ENTRY FOR A WELL WILL HAVE INCOME, AND THREE OR FOUR TYPES OF EXPENSES, SO 3-6 CATEGORIES per entry.  I have THEM tagged BY INDIVIDUAL WELL NOW SO I can print a report showing the everything and the net for a month or year or any period of time.  what I need though is a monthly comparison over time for estimating decline.  if this isnt possible is there any other way to do this? i have never used projects, for example.  THANK YOU! 

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Try Reports > Spending > Income and Expense by Category then click the gear to customize, click the Tags tab and pick the desired tag. 

This report defaults to just spending accounts. If the income or expenses are flowing to an investing account, you must go to the Accounts tab and pick the appropriate account.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • debbie
    debbie Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thank you. i just did that and it seems to be tied to only one time period?  i want to compare individual months over time.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Set the date range to last 12 months, Year to date, or whatever custom range you want and the Interval to Month.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Beijing Mac
    Beijing Mac Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    some of the reports, you can change settings to show columns by month and this would show the trend.
  • J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Take a look at Reports > Banking > Cash Flow by Tag.
    In the customizing dialog, one can set the Columns to date ranges (e.g., Month or Year) and the Rows to Tag.
    The rows show a total for each Tag - no break-down of category detail.
    One can see category detail by drilling down (double click) on a monthly Tag value.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

This discussion has been closed.