Quicken Rental Property Mgr (WIN) 2019 - Pricing

Can someone tell me what the discounted price would be to Upgrade from 2017 Rental Property Mgr for Windows to 2019?  Can Not find the Cost or how to do this. There is no option when I start up Quicken and get the upgrade notice.  Please advise.  Thanks, Eric

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    There is no discounted price for upgrading.  You just need to shop around for the best price ($ / month of subscription), Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Quicken.com, etc.  With subscription Quicken, it is now Home, Business & Rental as the highest edition of Quicken.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    Will the data from the 2017 Rental Property Mgr download and sync with the 2019 Business & Rental?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    hawk1er said:

Will the data from the 2017 Rental Property Mgr download and sync with the 2019 Business & Rental?

Yes.  Basically what they did is drop the "Home & Business" edition, and replace it with the Rental Property edition, which always had all the features of the editions below it.

This is actually a price savings for the people needed the Rental Property edition, since the new "Home, Business & Rental" is priced at the "Home & Business" level of the past versions instead of charging a premium above the Home & Business version to get the Rental Property features.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    hawk1er said:

Okay, sounds good... What is the best way to purchase this 2019 version so I can update my current version and move forward?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    hawk1er said:

The best way is like Splasher suggested and find the best price.  They have really expanded the list of retailers, and variations on the length of the subscriptions.
    The subscriptions (length of online services until you have to renew) now ranges from 1 year to in the case of Amazon up to 27 months (most are 1 or 2 years).

Note that since this is a subscription and as long as you maintain a subscription you are automatically updated to the latest version, it doesn't matter if they are calling it Quicken 2018 or 2019.  Either will update to the latest and if you look at Help -> About you will see the year will show as 2019.

And to add to the list that Splasher gave Walmart also sells it.
    Note if you buy from Quicken.com it activates the subscription immediately.
    If you buy from a retailer you get an activation code, which you can install and activate whenever you are ready.

Also the activation is really applied to your Quicken account:
    https://signin.quicken.com/signin
    and where the "username" is your Quicken Id.

Once activated, you will also see download links for Quicken Windows and Mac in your Quicken account.

BTW I just did a quick look and Amazon does seem to the be best buy at the moment, but please do your own research.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HC6YYXK?aaxitk=jcXfWfBPPdLsrDqPXp61ug&pd_rd_i=B07HC6YYXK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3ff6092e-8451-438b-8278-7e94064b4d42&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-top-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=quicken+2019&hsa_cr_id=9353689370701&sb-ci-n=productDescription&sb-ci-v=Quicken%20Home%20%26%20Business%202019%20Personal%20Finance%20Software%20%5BPC%20Disc%5D%201-Year%20%2B%202%20Bonus%20Months%20%5BAmazon%20Exclusive%5D&sb-ci-a=B07HC6YYXK
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    hawk1er said:

Oops, I was looking at what I thought was the 2 year version on Amazon, but it was the one year (plus two months) and comparing it to the 2 year one on Walmart.
    The Walmart one is the better deal since they are both about the same price.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Quicken-Home-Business-Rental-Property-2-Year-Windows-2018-release/56237764
This discussion has been closed.