Can you export a Schedule E report to Excel using 2018 Quicken Home, Bus, Rental? If so, what is the

How do I export a Quicken Schedule E report to Excel format when using 2018 Q Home, Bus & Rental Property? If there is a work around please advise.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Create the report then, in the Print dialog, choose "Export to" and select :"tab-delimited ..."

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Then it creates a .txt file that can be copied into Excel.  Will Quicken ever have a "Export to Excel"
    option.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    hawk1er said:

Then it creates a .txt file that can be copied into Excel.  Will Quicken ever have a "Export to Excel"
    option.

Hi @ hawk1er ,

Better check this link: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

You no longer have 2018.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    That .txt file can be opened directly by Excel ....  no "copy" is needed.

And, I sincerely doubt that Q will ever export to an .XLSX file.  Really no need to.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018
    hawk1er said:

option.

I am currently using 2017 Rental Property Manager and considering upgrading to 2018 or 2019.  Walmart.com has a 2018 Home, Bus & Rental with a 2 Year license for $104.23.  Also, I am using Windows 7.
    Seems like a good deal, but weighing my options.
    Any suggestions, anyone?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

And, I sincerely doubt that Q will ever export to an .XLSX file.  Really no need to.

I have found that the best option is to choose the PRN option when exporting but give the file a .csv extension. The resulting CSV file can be opened directly in Excel, without going through the text file import wizard.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

The subscription version of Quicken allows for directly exporting to Excel format.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

Thanks.  What version are you running where it gives this option to Export to Excel Workbook?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

Quicken "subscription", which is to say anyone marked as Quicken 2018 or 2019.
    They all just update to the latest version of Quicken as long as the subscription doesn't lapse.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

BTW you mentioned Rental Property in your original post.

For the subscription version of Quicken they basically got rid of the Home & Business edition.  They instead rebranded the Rental Property edition as the Home & Business edition.  Last year they were calling it HBR, but this year they have dropped the R for some reason, but it is all the same.

The point is that a person that was using Rental Property in the past and paying a premium for it over the Home & Business version, can now get it for the price of Home & Business.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

Thank you..!!  I have found through walmart.com the 2018 Home & Business edition with a 2 year subscription $104.23.  Would say this is a good purchase coming from the 2017 Rental Property Mgr?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

Coming from 2017 it might not be that great of a purchase because Quicken 2017 is supported until April 2020 and has "most" of what the newer version has, but the price you see for the newest version is a good one.

I did find and even lower price at Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/Quicken-Business-Rental-Property-Release/dp/B077MQ4GP9/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1543263777&sr=8-4&keywords=quicken+home+%26+business+2018

But the difference it minor.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

Thanks for the info.  If I go this direction, will Q let me know (with lead time) when the subscription would expire or is it up to the user to renew??
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited November 2018

Thanks for the info.  If I go this direction, will Q let me know (with lead time) when the subscription would expire or is it up to the user to renew??
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

They absolutely won't let you forget that your subscription is about to expire!
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.