Fidelity Investment Account On-Line Data Matches My Quicken Data but I get non- reconciled shares me

James W Rivers Jr
James W Rivers Jr Member, Windows Beta Beta
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)

When try to reconcile my Fidelity Investment Shares, I get an error message that the same number of shares have different Symbols and Names reported by the Financial Institution and my Quicken.   But, the Fidelity on-line data and the Nov 30 Fidelity Statements both exactly match My Quicken Data.  Why does the Quicken Program not obtain the same data that Fidelity Reports on their Account Positions Web page???   How do I fix this when the Financial Institution data already exactly matches My Quicken Data?

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    How about telling us what those funds/shares are?

And, which Q product are you running?  What Build/Release of the product?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• James W Rivers Jr
    James W Rivers Jr Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2018

Quicken 2019, Version R15.18, Build 27.1.15.18

Security                                  Reported Shares Shares in my Quicken Shares on Fidelity Web Page
    FSITX - Spartan US Bond               XXX                        0.00                           0.00
    Index Fidelity ADV Class

FXNAX - Fidelity U.S. Bond            0.00                          XXX                          XXX
    Index Fund

FXNAX data line is the correct data??

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    From C. D. Bales:

"Why does the Quicken Program not obtain the same data that Fidelity Reports on their Account Positions Web page?".

First of all, Quicken asks the financial institution for data, then processes whatever data the financial institution sends. It doesn't matter what is shown at the financial institution web site, or on your statements. If the financial institution sends incorrect, or incomplete, data; Quicken has no recourse.

Secondly, it's not clear that Quicken did not get "the same data that Fidelity Reports on their Account Positions Web page".

The first time Quicken sees a security in a download; Quicken offers the user the opportunity to create a new Quicken security, or to match the downloaded security to an existing Quicken security. Quicken uses CUSIP to identify securities - you can see the CUSIP of your Quicken securities by Editing the security in the Security List and clicking its "Other Info" button (CUSIP will be in the lower left of the Additional Security Information dialog).

When Quicken first sees a security in a download; if you allow Quicken to create a new security when the downloaded security should match an existing Quicken security, or you allow Quicken to match the downloaded security to an existing security when the downloaded security should have been a new Quicken security, your Quicken holdings will not match your financial institution holdings.

If such a mistake has occurred, you can correct it easily.

_ Edit the security in the Security List.

_ Uncheck the box "Matched with online security".

_ Go to Tools > Online Center.

_ Select the Financial Institution in the dropdown.

_ Select the Holdings tab.

_ Click the Compare to Portfolio button.

You will then see the "Matching Security" dialog, where you should get the same two choices you got when the security was first downloaded to Quicken: "Is this the same as one of the securities you are already tracking in Quicken", or "No. Add this new security to Quicken". Make your choice and click Done.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.