selling shares cash deposit location is not availble in the bubble

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited December 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Quicken  2019; R16.14; Build 27.1.16.14

Selling a security.  Money option in the drop down is not available to be changed.  In addition after selling first unit and request additional sell the "sell command"  becomes 'sell'  not ' SELLX'. there by causing cash to go to cash balance rather than the cash at that account.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Sounds like you have a linked cash account setup for that investment account.
    No cash is held in the investment account with this setup.  All cash transactions are in the linked cash account, and the money is transferred using BuyX and SellX.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Are you trying to enter you sale directly into the transaction list and not clicking on "Enter Transaction" and entering the trade using the pop-up window?  When you say "Money option in the drop down is not available to be changed" and refer to "SellX" that does suggest a direct entry in the transaction list to me.  I just tried a test case and is seemed to work just fine.

Can you use the "Enter Transaction" route sucessfully?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    QPW said:

Sounds like you have a linked cash account setup for that investment account.
    No cash is held in the investment account with this setup.  All cash transactions are in the linked cash account, and the money is transferred using BuyX and SellX.

Disregard I got the scenario backwards.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Tom Young said:

Are you trying to enter you sale directly into the transaction list and not clicking on "Enter Transaction" and entering the trade using the pop-up window?  When you say "Money option in the drop down is not available to be changed" and refer to "SellX" that does suggest a direct entry in the transaction list to me.  I just tried a test case and is seemed to work just fine.

Can you use the "Enter Transaction" route sucessfully?

Agree.
    Now sell 100 shares.  Money goes to linked cash,
    Click box " ENTERNEW"  Money box was not available to be changed when entereringthis transaction and will change when you enter the ENTER NEW rquest and SELLX will in the "new" command to SELL 
This discussion has been closed.