Canadian Mutual fund prices

Microfiche
Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)
Pretty sure I have posted about this before but hoping maybe someone has found a fix since then. I have 10 Canadian mutual funds where the prices have NEVER downloaded. I have spent hours and jumped through all the stupid hoops and gone through all the scripts with Quicken "support" previously, so please do do suggest that I create a new data file etc. I just gave up trying to fix it after spending hours the last time.

The funds are:
  • Dynamic Global
    Infrastructure Fund - Series A - DYN2210

Dynamic Global Infrastructure Fund -
    Series I - DYN2214

• Dynamic Global Real Estate Fund Series A - 
    DYN085

• Dynamic Precious Metals Fund Series A - 
    DYN046

• Dynamic Precious Metals Fund Series G - 
    DYN046G

• Dynamic Precious Metals Series I - 
    DYN1146

• Dynamic Strategic Gold Class-Sr G - 
    DYN2300G

• EdgePoint Global Portfolio A NonHST - 
    EDG1001

• Golden Opportunities Diversified A - 
    GOF502

• IA Clarington Floating Rate Income Fund
    Series A - 
    CCM9940

All of my stocks - Canadian and US, update fine.

Anyone have any new ideas?
Quicken H&B Canada, R12.8, 27.1.12.8 (though this does not appear to be version related - gone on for years)
Using Quicken since sometime before the beta test of Quicken 6 for Windows in 1996... B)

Comments

• Arctic Hare
    Arctic Hare SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I tried the first one on my system for you. It didn't download prices on my system either. I haven't had any issues with downloading my Canadian mutual fund prices. Don't know why these funds don't work. Probably an issue with the service provider.
  • BBBob
    BBBob Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I had the same problem with 3 of funds. They were not listed by the provider that Quicken used. At the time it was https://www.cannex.com/. After much frustration with Quicken, I emailed cannex to ask them to add them to the list. To my surprise I received a phone call from them to confirm the listings and they were added within 72 hours. I was thrilled.
  • Microfiche
    Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thanks BBBob! (can't type that out without hearing stuttering)
    I will try that out...
    Using Quicken since sometime before the beta test of Quicken 6 for Windows in 1996... B)
  • Arctic Hare
    edited November 2018

I will try that out...

Please post back with the results. That is interesting information.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018

I will try that out...

I have had this problem for several months and no resolution.  I will not get the new version 2019 if there is no solution to this problem
  • Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Well, I've tried to add 3 funds listed and it worked. After you add the symbol, don't forget to choose "mutual funds", you will see the symbols your looking for and it will be in TSX. I hope it help.
  • Arctic Hare
    edited December 2018
    Valderi said:

Well, I've tried to add 3 funds listed and it worked. After you add the symbol, don't forget to choose "mutual funds", you will see the symbols your looking for and it will be in TSX. I hope it help.

The problem isn’t with adding the security; once added, no prices download... unless it is now fixed.
  • Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Valderi said:

I think I've found your solution:
    You go to "One Step update settings"
    Make sure that the option "Download quotes and investment information" is selected
    Click on "Select quotes" at the end of the line
    You should see all yours securities. Select those you want to download
    Click on "Done" at the bottom right.
    Click on "update" and all your securities should be updated.

I hope it help you !
  • Arctic Hare
    edited December 2018
    Valderi said:

If you can download these particular security prices then please post a picture if such.

BTW, TSX is the wrong exchange for mutual funds; the correct setting is “mutual funds”.
  • Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Valderi said:

Your right. I forgot to choose this setting, but everything goes well. Here's an exemple:
  • Arctic Hare
    edited January 2019
    Valderi said:

I have re-tested adding the DYN2210 mutual fund and I am now able to download the price history. Someone has fixed something in the data feed since I tested this a month ago.

It would seem that this issue has now been resolved and this thread can probably be closed.

Perhaps the OP can confirm that the problem is resolved?
  • Microfiche
    Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Valderi said:

I had contacted Cannex a while back, perhaps they fixed it. They did not reply. I am in Ixtapa at the moment - will check when I return to Canada next week...
  • BBBob
    BBBob Unconfirmed ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Valderi said:

Enjoy the sun!
  • Microfiche
    Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Valderi said:

Not solved on this end - at least in existing data file.
    I tried downloading quotes and nothing...

• Arctic Hare
    edited January 2019
    Valderi said:

@Microfiche: Here are screen shots of how I set it up and the downloaded prices, current to today.

• Microfiche
    Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Awesome - think that did it! Maybe in combination with contacting Cannex. Thanks!
    Did that "Mutual Funds" exchange always exist - or is that newer? I don't recall seeing that before.
    Quicken "support" never noticed that any of the times I tried that route.
  • Arctic Hare
    edited January 2019
    The mutual fund “exchange” has existed for as long as I can recall.
  • Microfiche
    Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Looked at my other mutual funds and they are all set to that mutual fund "exchange", so my guess is that switching exchanges (they were set to TSE) is one of the many things I tried in order to get these to download - before I found a tip on here that suggested contacting Cannex. In any case, seems fine now. This thread can be closed.
  • Arctic Hare
    edited January 2019
    Mutual funds aren’t traded on the TSE like stocks and ETFs. Hence why I put the quote marks around the word exchange.
  • Microfiche
    Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Mutual funds aren’t traded on the TSE like stocks and ETFs. Hence why I put the quote marks around the word exchange.

Yeah - I was just using the term from the Quicken screen for "clarity" ;-)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Hi all. I am having a similar issue with Tangerine mutual funds. In particular INI220 and INI240 which use to update automatically. Is this also related to the www.cannex.com database? Thanks for any help I can get.
  • Microfiche
    Microfiche Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Ptaylor56 said:

Hi all. I am having a similar issue with Tangerine mutual funds. In particular INI220 and INI240 which use to update automatically. Is this also related to the www.cannex.com database? Thanks for any help I can get.

I had emailed a request for my mutual funds to be added to cannex@cannex.com.
    They never replied, but the prices started downloading later.
    Worth a  shot.
    If they used to work - it may not be as likely to work. Mine had never downloaded.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Ptaylor56 said:

Thanks for the response. I did look for an email but couldn't see one on their web site. What email did you use?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Ptaylor56 said:

Whoops, I see you provided it, thanks ...
This discussion has been closed.