Investment Acct Closed shows Negitve balance

Options
denmarfl
denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in Investing (Windows)

Here is my situation and Quicken support has not been able to provide me with how to resolve my issue.

* Closed my 401K Employer Account
* The day after the acct was closed, I downloaded the QFX file from the Financial Institution where the 401k was held and it Updated the Quicken 401K Register  
* Holding showed all shares in all 5 Mutual Sub Fund SOLD....Holding shows a negitive in front of all shares.
* Quicken Register than showed in lower right Corner CASh for the amt of all Investments sold; which is  correct since all shares were sold and converted to Cash  
*  The Quicken 401K Register also now shows a Negitive dollar Figure in SECURITIES Values and Market Values.

This is my issue...How do I adjust Securities Values and Market Values to .00 Balances.  Obviously this 401K cannot have a Negative value which of course shows up when running a Property and Debt report incorrectly reducing my networth.  I was able to get the CASH balance to .00; I used Cash withdrawn since I had the proceeds of the acct funds sent to me.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    What Quicken year version and operating system are you using?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Q Deluxe 2018\Win10...but...it is sometimes better to be lucky than smart because I got the Register to Zero.....I used 3 entries calling them Dummy entries...1st,  Shares Purchased, 2nd, cash withdrawn, 3rd, shares Added...and somehow....Securities and Total Market values are Zero and so is Cash Balance...and not sure why but the end result is right..... 
  • SimonSezSo
    SimonSezSo Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options
    denmarfl, if any of your investment accounts "goes out of whack" and doesn't seem to add up, next time, try this:

1.  Go to the investment register.
    2.  Click on any transaction to gain focus.
    3.  Hold down <Ctrl> and hit Z
    4.  You should see a pop-up:

5.  After this process is completed, you might need to go out, and back into the investment account, to see the changes, if any.

• Connie Brown
    Connie Brown Windows Beta Beta
    edited December 2018
    Options

denmarfl, if any of your investment accounts "goes out of whack" and doesn't seem to add up, next time, try this:

5.  After this process is completed, you might need to go out, and back into the investment account, to see the changes, if any.

Great tip. 
  • denmarfl
    denmarfl Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Options

I'll keep that handy; thanks.  This wasn't about the register calculations being corrupted.  I believe it was caused by the closing of the 401K, at the same time the payout of RMD....and how the QFX file was created ...just a mess.  
This discussion has been closed.