how to set up rental property

Quicken 2019 H & B Canada R15.24

I seem to be having a problem setting up my rental property...I was able to set up my house (and loan), but the only options for the house was either personal or business (no rental option listed). There is also no rental property tab on the home screen. Is there a tutorial I am missing somewhere? I tried the help file but am not having any luck. Thanks

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Your rental property IS a business.  Set it up as a business account... and see Q Help for how to do this.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018
    Thank you...will there ever be a "rental" section as seen in previous versions, or has this been eliminated?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018

Your rental property IS a business.  Set it up as a business account... and see Q Help for how to do this.

What do you believe is missing in Q Help?  Because, it looks to me like everything is there.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited December 2018

As you can see, my help results are entirely different than yours.image
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Yep, so this is going to have to be looked at by one of our Canadian SuperUsers, which will probably happen before Q Support re-opens.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

I just went to Quicken.ca to learn more about the Canadian version.

AND, it's not apparent that H&B Canada supports the same Rental features as Q US.

1st graphic is from the Cdn website.

And the 2nd from the US website

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019

This is a screenshot from the canada quicken site that would suggest the rental integration.image
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019

I thank you so very much for your help on this NotACPA. The community seems to be more supportive than does the company. I read many poor reviews but was really hoping that I could make this work for me (as it had exactly the features that I was looking for in one product). I ultimately decided to return the product (I had to call because the return form was unusable-ajax form error). I hope that the company sees this thread and clarifies the Canadian version features in hopes of sparing others needless wasted time and effort.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Hello Trent,

My name is Sarah and I am a Moderator for the Quicken Community and an Official Representative of Quicken and the Quicken Support Teams.  Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with the Community and I sincerely apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

To confirm, the Rental Property Tools are only available in the US version of Home, Business & Rental Property and are not included in the Canada version of Home & Business.  I have forwarded your experience to our Marketing Teams and requested the website product FAQ be updated to better reflect the differences between the US and Canada product versions.

We appreciate your bringing this issue to our attention and please let us know if there are any further questions or concerns on this matter that I may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Hello Trent,

My name is Sarah and I am a Moderator for the Quicken Community and an Official Representative of Quicken and the Quicken Support Teams.  Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with the Community and I sincerely apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

To confirm, the Rental Property Tools are only available in the US version of Home, Business & Rental Property and are not included in the Canada version of Home & Business.  I have forwarded your experience to our Marketing Teams and requested the website product FAQ be updated to better reflect the differences between the US and Canada product versions.

We appreciate your bringing this issue to our attention and please let us know if there are any further questions or concerns on this matter that I may assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah

@Sarah, in the meantime, it would appear that some of the verbiage on Q.ca needs to be cleaned up ... since it was apparently copied from the US site and talks about features that Q Canada doesn't support.

This discussion has been closed.