This operation cannot be completed (NSSQLiteErrorDomain error 13.)

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited May 2022 in Investing (Mac)
I am trying to add a line to an investment account.  The line does not add and the error comes up.  I am concerned my data base will become corrupt.
I don't know if this will help, I cannot add any attachments to my check register.

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    My database is corrupted and needed to be rebuilt.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019
    Gery,

To get started figuring this out, I have a bunch of questions:
    • What version of macOS are you running?
    • How large is your hard drive, and how much space is available (click on your Macintosh HD icon, do File > Get Info, and report the Capacity, Available and Used space it shows).
    • In the same place, what is the hard drive format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled) or APFS>
    • What version of Quicken are you running?
    • Can you create a new Quicken data file (File > New), and enter transactions and attachments into this test file?
    • Do you have backups of your Quicken data file that Quicken created and/or you created manually? Do you have a Time Machine backup?

EDITING to add more questions...
    • When you say you're trying to add a line to an investment account, I'm assuming you mean you're trying to add a new transaction? So you're doing Transactions > New Transaction (or Command-N)?
    • Does the error occur immediately after the command, or after you enter the security and share information and click Save?
    • Does it matter what security you're using in the transaction you're trying to enter (e.g. have you tried a different one)?
    • Does it matter which investment account you're trying to add the transaction to (e.g. have you tried a different one)?
    • Do you get the same error adding a banking transaction (e.g. to your checking account or a credit card account), or does it only occur when trying to add an investment transaction?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    I retrieved the data copy prior to the problem and moved it to the disk (not in a disk image).  I was able to recreate the data and add attachments and lines to the register.  I don’t know why 400MB would have not been enough storage to perform the tasks I needed to do, but apparently it wasn’t.  I am again in a disk image, but this time it is double the size needed for the data store and backups.  I have backed up a number of times and added the attachments that caused the prior set-up to crash.

This may not be the best reason to use a disk image, but I find it much faster than allowing Quicken to encrypt the data.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2019

I retrieved the data copy prior to the problem and moved it to the disk (not in a disk image).  I was able to recreate the data and add attachments and lines to the register.  I don’t know why 400MB would have not been enough storage to perform the tasks I needed to do, but apparently it wasn’t.  I am again in a disk image, but this time it is double the size needed for the data store and backups.  I have backed up a number of times and added the attachments that caused the prior set-up to crash.

This may not be the best reason to use a disk image, but I find it much faster than allowing Quicken to encrypt the data.

Well, you answered none of the questions I asked to try to help, but I'll go ahead and ask another: why are you creating a disk image for your Quicken data file (which would have crucial information to share when stating the original problem)? Without knowing what version of Quicken you're using, though, it's difficult to give any response that might be on target here.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.