Downloading all holdings in eTrade

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited February 2019 in Investing (Windows)

I did an direct connection to eTrade and it creates the account and downloads the amount of "cash" I have left in the account. But no where does it show the actual holdings I have (the shares I bought) along with what I paid and their value (as of today). Does the direct connect not do that? Do I have to manually track it?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2017
    I have the same issue and question. I am unable to find any information related to this on the Quicken Community Support site. Manually tracking holdings would be a monumental task.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited May 2018
    Hi Paul,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. To help us provide the most appropriate response, please let us know what Quicken product (QWin or QMac) and what version (2015, 2016, etc.) you are using. Also, are you using Quicken or Quicken Canada?

Thanks,
    Dave
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

I have the same issue and question. I am unable to find any information related to this on the Quicken Community Support site. Manually tracking holdings would be a monumental task.

Paul, are you downloading from Etrade? Are the shares you are trying to download ESPPs , RSUs, or other employee stock options?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2016

I am using the direct connect option in Quicken 2016 RPM QWIN to Etrade. The account type is RSU and ESPP. I see the stock holder account with cash balance, but the RSU/ESPP account just shows $0.00 with no holdings downloaded.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2016

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. To help us provide the most appropriate response, please let us know what Quicken product (QWin or QMac) and what version (2015, 2016, etc.) you are using. Also, are you using Quicken or Quicken Canada?

Thanks,
    Dave

@Quicken Dave:  I can assure that when Marcelo opened this post in Nov 2014, he was not using QW2016.

Another example of a current inquiry latching onto an old (should not have been transferred) post.  (No fault on you Paul.)    
  • mshiggins
    edited December 2016

Paul, when I had ESPPs and RSUs at Etrade, Etrade did not provide Quicken downloading for those account types. My assumption would be they have not changed that and still do not provide Quicken downloads for those account types.

I've found the ESPP wizard in Quicken is very good. Have you tried it?

• Unknown
    Unknown Alumni
    edited December 2016

Hi Paul,

Thanks,
    Dave

My Apologies! My question should have been directed to Paul, not Marcello. I have corrected my original question.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    Is there any work arounds for this yet? No RSU or ESPP shows up with the Etrade account. 
  • mshiggins
    edited December 2016
    Matt P said:

Is there any work arounds for this yet? No RSU or ESPP shows up with the Etrade account. 

Your best source to confirm what account types Etrade makes available for download to Quicken is Etrade.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2017
    Matt P said:

This used to work.  Prior to me upgrading to Qucken 2017 my Quicken 2012 worked.  I decided to start over since I had a few year gap in using the software and now I cannot download my EPP shares.
  • mshiggins
    edited August 2017
    Matt P said:

My eTrade accounts were opened in 2001 or 2002. In all that time, they have never downloaded transactions for ESPPs and RSUs.

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Unable to update from E-tradeI'm trying to keep track of all my investments and it would be nice to say "sync with etrade" and have it show all my holdings by category. Does Quicken not do that?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    ryanaull said:

Unable to update from E-tradeI'm trying to keep track of all my investments and it would be nice to say "sync with etrade" and have it show all my holdings by category. Does Quicken not do that?

Posted on an older thread, creating a new post for visibility

Please reference the new conversation here: How to Update Investment Transactions From E-trade
    ~~~***~~~