How to Delete Scanned Document Image

I scanned a document into a line item in a register.  Unfortunately, I scanned the document upside down.  So, using Quicken controls, I rotated the image to be right side up, but I found no way to save it in that position.  Then, I tried to delete the scanned document but found no way to do that.  Next, I scanned a right side up document and found I could delete it.  So, how does one save a rotated image, and how does one delete the first scanned image?

Best Answer

• John@51
    John@51 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    X in upper right corner
    Document image
    Date
    Add with down arrow in left bottom corner
    Arrow pointing up to right in bottom right corner

In examining other line items with scanned documents, there is a cloud icon between the Add and up-right pointing arrow.  That cloud icon allows deleting.
    So, it appears the software may have screwed up in my problem case, for there is no cloud icon.  I may have to redo the line item to restore things to normal.

UPDATE
    Upon further investigation, I found clicking on the spot where the cloud icon should be produced a menu that allowed me to delete scanned image.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Select Delete on the pull-down menu:

• John@51
    John@51 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the effort, Sherlock, but I don't think you understand my questions.  I'm talking about using the scan-control paperclip icon in the field under the date field of a line item in a register to scan a document into the line item.  I accidentally scanned the document upside down.  I can rotate the scanned image to right side up but can't save it in that position.  Also, I can't delete the first scanned image but can strangely delete subsequent scanned images.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    When I click on the scan-control paperclip icon in the field under the date field of a line item in a register of a transaction that has an attachment, I see the image that I provided. 

Which version and edition of Quicken are you using and which version of Windows?
  • John@51
    John@51 Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken 2019:
    R18.15
    Build 27.1.18.15

I'm running Windows 10 on a desktop computer:
    Version 1803
    Build 17134.556
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    And, what window opens when you click on the scan-control paperclip icon in the field under the date field of a line item in a register of a transaction that has an attachment?
  • John@51
    John@51 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019 Answer ✓
    X in upper right corner
    Document image
    Date
    Add with down arrow in left bottom corner
    Arrow pointing up to right in bottom right corner

In examining other line items with scanned documents, there is a cloud icon between the Add and up-right pointing arrow.  That cloud icon allows deleting.
    So, it appears the software may have screwed up in my problem case, for there is no cloud icon.  I may have to redo the line item to restore things to normal.

UPDATE
    Upon further investigation, I found clicking on the spot where the cloud icon should be produced a menu that allowed me to delete scanned image.
This discussion has been closed.