Category report

Options
What is the best way to pull up a category report for one category of income or expense? Besides going to that category in a Spending Report? Surely there's a way!

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Options
    We can pull up a category specific mini report by selecting the Create a category mini report icon that appears on the right in a category column of a register or to the left of the category if we hover over a split).  We may select Show Report when it appears at the bottom of the mini report to open a normal category-specific Transaction report.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe you can use "How Much Did I Spend On" from the Easy Answer section in the Reports & Graphs center. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's another way to get this information:
    Go to the Category List.
    Locate the category you want the report on.
    In the Usage column click on the number. (Number must be greater than 0)
    Once you get a mini report popup select "Full Report" for transaction detail.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    UKR said:
    Here's another way to get this information:
    Go to the Category List.
    Locate the category you want the report on.
    In the Usage column click on the number. (Number must be greater than 0)
    Once you get a mini report popup select "Full Report" for transaction detail.
    I had gone looking in the Category List and thought Quicken must have dropped the usage functionality.  I didn't realize they had introduced column visibility to the Category List and hidden usage.   Thanks.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sherlock said:
    I had gone looking in the Category List and thought Quicken must have dropped the usage functionality.  I didn't realize they had introduced column visibility to the Category List and hidden usage.   Thanks.
    Oops! I knew I had forgotten to mention something ...
    • If the Usage column doesn't show in your Category List, click the gear icon at the right edge of the row of column headers and add it (and any other deselected column) to the list.
    Thanks for reminding me.
This discussion has been closed.