Quicken won't recognize symbol

I bought Public Service Preferred F and I've tried every variation I can think of but Quicken doesn't recognize and download its data. Cusip is 74460W685. TIA for any help....

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's multiple "Public Service" companies, which one did you invest in?
    And, in general, a trading symbol is better than a CUSIP when setting up securities in Q.
    Lastly, Q frequently is unable to find Preferred securities.  The third-party that handles this for Q tracks very few of them.
    SO, you might have to set up the security manually, and manually input the quotes.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sharon
    Sharon Member ✭✭
    The stock symbol is PSA, and the preferred is F. Yahoo lists it as PSA-PF but Quicken doesn't recognize that, or any other variant I tried. I figured the cusip would eliminate all the variations and be the answer to the problem! Apparently not.... :) Guess I have to manually update it once a month or so....Thanks for your feedback....
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Try PSA-F.  Quicken tells me the close 2/14 was 23.40 which looks right.  
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    At Fidelity Investments, it's PSA/PF

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Sharon
    Sharon Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your suggestions. I just now had time to try the variations offered and none of them match the value Yahoo Finance lists for the PSA Pref F, but PSA/PF is close, so I am going with that. I'll watch to see if it continues to update its value relatively closely.... :) Appreciate your help greatly!