Fidelity Mutual Funds

This discussion was created from comments split from: Historical Price History.

Comments

• richardgilmore42
    richardgilmore42 Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    I am having the same problem with some Fidelity mutual funds.  A fund that should be worth $104.567 per share becomes $10.4567. Fidelity had a ten for one fund split on 7/16/18. All values after the split appear to be correct.  Examples:  Fidelity Growth Company FDGRX, Fidelity Contra Fund FCNTX, and Fidelity Value Fund FDVLX
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having the same problem with some Fidelity mutual funds.  A fund that should be worth $104.567 per share becomes $10.4567. Fidelity had a ten for one fund split on 7/16/18. All values after the split appear to be correct.  Examples:  Fidelity Growth Company FDGRX, Fidelity Contra Fund FCNTX, and Fidelity Value Fund FDVLX
    Has the actual stock split event been recorded in Quicken, as a Stock Split, not a downloaded Add Shares transaction?
    Some views, e.g. Edit Security Details, have a checkmark for "Split adjust", to show a correct price quote over time graph. The Price History records do not auto-adjust themselves for splits.
  • At the time of the split, I no longer owned any of the affected mutual funds.  It's the history that seems to be the problem.  See attachment.  Quicken is dividing some historical prices by ten. This is causing my valuations to be way off.

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    If you haven’t already, I suggest you manually correct the bad price history entries.