Setting up checkwriting

I have Quicken 2019, and I have two questions regarding printing checks:

(1)  I have preprinted checks, with one check per page, set in the middle of the page, not the top or bottom.  How can I set up Quicken so it will print on the check in the middle?

(2)  The check writing process requires me to input a check number before it will print.  My checks are pre-printed.  How can I bypass Quicken's numbering function?

Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. You can't. Quicken is compatible with 4 styles of check, and yours is not one of them. You specifically need to get Quicken/Quickbooks compatible checks.
    2. You can't. Quicken wants to know the next check number which is on the paper check so it can make it match in the register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    One thing you might try is to have Quicken print a dummy check before each real check. Maybe the dummy check will take up the right amount of space at the top of the page so that the real check is aligned. Not likely, but maybe worth a try.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would bet AGAINST the notion that the pre-printed checks would align with Q's printing standards.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    NotACPA said:
    I would bet AGAINST the notion that the pre-printed checks would align with Q's printing standards.
    So would I, but all @davidlaw69 has to lose is one check for the experiment.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Printing checks, ordering checks from Intuit

Click File / Printer Setup / For printing checks to select the correct Check Style.
    For 3-per-page personal size checks choose "Wallet Checks (Check 21 ...)", not "Wallet Checks" (unless you still use some very old stock from many years ago)
    For 3-per-page business size checks choose "Standard Checks", not "Voucher Checks".
    For 1-per-page business size checks with 2 stubs choose "Voucher Checks".
    Canadian users need to select between 2 layout styles, e.g., old style "Voucher" vs. new style "Voucher - Image ready".
    You may have to scroll the list of check styles up or down to see all available styles.

Also be sure to choose and test the proper selections for how to print a partial page in your printer … the settings to choose (e.g., horizontal vs. vertical feed) may depend on the make and model of printer that you use.

Quicken US version only:
    For a review of Quicken - compatible check styles and perhaps to order new supplies, please see https://intuitmarket.intuit.com/checks  (the website talks about checks for use with QuickBooks but the same style checks also work with Quicken)

Blank check stock or unsupported check styles require add-on software and printer drivers ($$$) from third-party vendors like Avanquest and the use of special MICR-toner/ink together with check forms compatible with the vendor's software. To print these checks directly from Quicken you need to be sure to have a version of this add-on software that supports your version of Quicken before you buy anything, software or blank check forms..

This discussion has been closed.