Investment features in premier

Options
what additional features are in Mac premier

Best Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    At this time, I don't believe there are any differences between Deluxe and Premier regarding investment features in the Mac product.

Here's the simplified features comparison chart on Quicken.com which shows this:

I think they may have plans to add more investment features and limit them only to Premier, but that hasn't happened yet, and maybe it won't. At this time, the only benefits to buying Premier if you're a Mac user are that you get "priority support" (which means you get a special phone number to call support that jumps you to the front of the queue) and Quicken Bill Pay for paying your bills via a third-party service that's integrated with Quicken. If those features don't matter to you, you're safe getting Deluxe. (And if they add Premier-only features in the future, you'll always be able to upgrade your subscription.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The quicken folks have committed to parity between QW & QM. Which one can interpret to mean there are lots of upgrades needed to Qm in the investment area. There is progress all the time but it's taking time to get it there , as Jacobs mentioned there are definite plans to improve the investment module in QM. 

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    At this time, I don't believe there are any differences between Deluxe and Premier regarding investment features in the Mac product.

Here's the simplified features comparison chart on Quicken.com which shows this:

I think they may have plans to add more investment features and limit them only to Premier, but that hasn't happened yet, and maybe it won't. At this time, the only benefits to buying Premier if you're a Mac user are that you get "priority support" (which means you get a special phone number to call support that jumps you to the front of the queue) and Quicken Bill Pay for paying your bills via a third-party service that's integrated with Quicken. If those features don't matter to you, you're safe getting Deluxe. (And if they add Premier-only features in the future, you'll always be able to upgrade your subscription.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The quicken folks have committed to parity between QW & QM. Which one can interpret to mean there are lots of upgrades needed to Qm in the investment area. There is progress all the time but it's taking time to get it there , as Jacobs mentioned there are definite plans to improve the investment module in QM. 
  • mpg33095
    mpg33095 Member
    Options
    The reporting in Mac Premier is so lacking compared to what I had in Windows Home and Business 2017.  I hope the updates happen sooner than later. 
This discussion has been closed.