Where to locate automatic back up files? (Q Mac)

Options
Sara
Sara Member ✭✭
I have been using Quicken for Mac and was just using the automatic back up that the program does every time the program quits.  My computer died, but my data was able to be recovered.  I have a "new" (mom's old one that runs El Capitan) and I transferred all of the data that was recovered from my old computer to this one.  I have been searching my recovered data and have only found Quicken files from 10+ years ago (with a few from 2011 and 2012).  I am looking for my files from 2018 and hoping that I'm just missing where they are located.  I have looked online for help, but those suggestions/directions haven't yielded my 2018 files.  Clearly I should have saved my data with an actual file name instead of just the automatic back up, but I didn't.  Any idea how I can find this data?  I did sync it a few times to my mobile app, but I can't figure out how to get that data synced either.

Answers

• Sara
    Sara Member ✭✭
    Options
    I almost forgot....I have installed Quicken on my new computer.  When I opened the program it asked me for my Quicken log-in information.  I entered it and it took me to a start up screen where I could start from scratch or import a file.  I didn't do anything because I don't want to import an old file.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hello Sara,

The default location for Quicken files and back up files is in the hidden library.

To access the Hidden library.

Open Finder.

Click on the Go menu up top.

Hold down the OPTION key on the keyboard.  The Library option will pop up under Home.

Then go to Application Support.

Then look for Quicken and Backups. 

The Automatic Backups are stored within the backup folder.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Sara
    Sara Member ✭✭
    Options
    I followed your instructions and when I got to the Application Support folder on the external hard drive (where my recovered data is), and there is no Quicken folder.  Thanks for the help, but I'm going to start from scratch :(
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sara said:
    I have been using Quicken for Mac and was just using the automatic back up that the program does every time the program quits.  My computer died, but my data was able to be recovered.
    Do you have any idea how your data was recovered -
    and if the "hidden" areas were also accessed ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.