How do you get Auto Fill to fill in LAST transaction with that person or company? My old Quicken di

How do you get Auto Fill to fill in LAST transaction with that person or company? My old Quicken did it that way & it was very helpfull to see what the LAST entry was.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Q Mac or Q Windows?
    What current version of Quicken are you using and what was the old one?
    Did you check that all the Preferences settings regarding Quickfill, memorization and recall are still in effect? Sometimes an upgrade or new installation does not carry forward all Preferences settings from the old version.
  • jeb@quicken
    jeb@quicken Member
    I am having the same problem with the last transaction entered not being refreshed when payee is entered a second (or next) time
  • jimskadan
    jimskadan Member ✭✭
    I'll save you the snarky comments. When I go to the tutorial it shows a box labeled "preferences" . I can't find that box. I'm running Starter 2018. Where do I find that box?
    Thank you
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    jimskadan said:
    I'll save you the snarky comments. When I go to the tutorial it shows a box labeled "preferences" . I can't find that box. I'm running Starter 2018. Where do I find that box?
    Thank you
    Hello @jimskadan

"Preferences" may be found by going to the Edit menu in the upper left corner of Quicken and selecting "Preferences" from the bottom of the drop-down menu.

Hope this helps.

Sarah
  • MaribethY
    MaribethY Member
    I am having the same trouble. I would like the amount from the most recent transaction show up when I enter the payee name. This was working for me as recently as January, I think. It just stopped working. Now it reverts to the amount from first time I entered that payee. I've checked all the correct boxes in AutoFill/QuickFill etc.

Help!
  • MaribethY
    MaribethY Member
    Update- I installed the patch? update? located here:
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    and it seems to have fixed my problem
  • jenc
    jenc Member ✭✭
    I'm very annoyed that it is bringing up transactions from July. We are entering weekly spend cks for August and we put the date in the memo. It use to bring up the last transaction entered for ex. spending 8/2/2021, 8/9/2021, 8/16/2021 and so on, it keeps bringing up spending 7/26/2021 each time. grrrr.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    jenc said:
    I'm very annoyed that it is bringing up transactions from July. We are entering weekly spend cks for August and we put the date in the memo. It use to bring up the last transaction entered for ex. spending 8/2/2021, 8/9/2021, 8/16/2021 and so on, it keeps bringing up spending 7/26/2021 each time. grrrr.

Have you tried updating the Memorized Payee List entry for this transaction?
    • Memorize the most recent register transaction (select it to highlight it, press CTRL-M)
    • Access Tools / Memorized Payee List (MPL)
    • Locate the just memorized entry
    • Delete all duplicate entries for the same Payee Name, keep only the most recent one.
    • Edit this entry.
    • Mark it "Lock this ..."
    • If there's a checkmark in the box "Mark this cleared", click to remove it.
    • Save the entry.
    You now have a "model entry" that can be used for every new transaction.
    Have you considered or are you using Scheduled Reminders for these recurring events?
  • jenc
    jenc Member ✭✭
    No, quicken use to just auto recall the last transaction used. That is what I want.
This discussion has been closed.