I can't generate detailed category reports for tax purposes

Past versions have allowed me to generate itemized category reports (e.g., charity, business expenses) for tax filing. When I ask for a report on charity giving now (updated subscription version of Quicken), I only get the last three months' worth of 2018 payments from one credit card. I've used the Report tab as well as other tabs, but I only get this minimal and woefully incomplete report. Quicken Help has been of no help. Can anyone here advise me please?

Comments

• profcain
    profcain Member
    I believe I may have found the answer--apparently, when I updated from Quicken 2015 to the subscription, all categories were erased from previous transactions. New Question, then: Does anyone know how I might retrieve that information, other than going item by item in the edit report section? Thanks.
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you that the tax reports are working just fine for me, using the subscription version.  My suggestion is to run the report, then click on the customize button, (gearwheel), and see what Accounts are selected to "feed" the report; for whatever reason it sounds like only one Account is being selected.

I'd also look at the drop-down "Date range" box at the top of the report; sounds like something's not correct in the field.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    profcain said:
    I believe I may have found the answer--apparently, when I updated from Quicken 2015 to the subscription, all categories were erased from previous transactions. New Question, then: Does anyone know how I might retrieve that information, other than going item by item in the edit report section? Thanks.
    I would try reconverting your QW2015 file. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• profcain
    profcain Member
    Thanks for your responses. I did check the accounts and the date ranges, and when I converted, I tried--on a lengthy call with Quicken support--to reconvert the 2015 file, to no avail. I'm hoping that this is a one-off problem and now that I'm entering everything using the new platform, I'll be ok next year. Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.