Quicken has suddenly dropped thousands of transactions from one of my bank account registers. Why?

The transaction records that are missing from the register, still show in generated reports. What can I do to get them to show in the register again? They seemed to disappear while I was scrolling back to examine a transaction that had been entered seven months ago.

Best Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried clicking on the Date column in the register to sort it by the date?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Donald Funston
    Donald Funston Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To Greg_the_Geek: Thank you very much Greg; I tried that and it did the trick. I had previously assumed that, since the field above the Date column header said "All Dates", and the remaining transactions were displayed in order of date, that there was nothing more I could do there - it hadn't occurred to me that I needed to click on the column header.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Answer ✓
    Have you tried clicking on the Date column in the register to sort it by the date?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OR, clicking RESET at the top of the account register?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Donald Funston
    Donald Funston Member ✭✭
    I had tried this earlier without noticing any change. However, Greg_the_Geek suggested clicking the top of the Date column and that did the trick. Thank you for your suggestion.
  • Donald Funston
    Donald Funston Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    To Greg_the_Geek: Thank you very much Greg; I tried that and it did the trick. I had previously assumed that, since the field above the Date column header said "All Dates", and the remaining transactions were displayed in order of date, that there was nothing more I could do there - it hadn't occurred to me that I needed to click on the column header.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    No problem, glad you got it fixed. It's actually a very common problem with Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.