Printed report doesn't fill the paper width

Options
I am finding report printing frustrating in that columns that should easily fit on the paper are printed on another page.  It is as if the right margin is way in when it is not as per the margin settings in the Preview window.

How do I get data to print on the available page space?

Oh...I am using Quicken Premier/Windows 2019 R18.15 Build 27.1.18.15.

Thanks in advance.
-DaverDee

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you go to the PREVIEW or the ZOOM - you should be able to tell how things will turn out.  I just did this, and printed 1 page - and the title lines and headers are all 1/2" from the paper edge.  As for the columns, you should be able to adjust the width at the column heading   <-->  and see how it looks prior to printing.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @DaverDee,

What reports are you having trouble with? The old style budget report, accessed through File/Print budgets, has this problem for me but others do not.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • DaverDee
    DaverDee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you ps56k and Jim for responding.

The issue I am having is associated with any report generated/recalled from the Report Center.  The common symptom is what appears to be a right margin of a high number.  One attachment shows the symptom.  The other attachment shows the margin settings.

For what it is worth, the page scaling is greyed out.  (See 3rd attachment.)

I find all this confusing.

DaverDee
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    As also reported here, apparently related to having a hi-res monitor.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7850527/report-printing-issues#latest

Is your problem just in Preview, or also when printing?
  • DaverDee
    DaverDee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Whoa Jim!

Whoa on the simple question you asked as it prints covering the whole paper (unlike the preview).

Whoa on the link you provided regarding Preview.  I am running Quicken Premier for Windows in a Parallels based Win10 virtual machine on my MacBook Pro.  I wouldn't have figured the laptop's display would have been an ingredient.

While obviously not a good situation, at least I understand it and can work around it until a fix is in place (since it is already known).

Thank you very much for removing a bit of angst.

DaverDee
  • DaverDee
    DaverDee Member ✭✭
    Options
    Let me clarify what may be misconstrued...

I applaud you asking a seeming simple straightforward question ("...also when printing?"). I assumed the preview was accurate in its representation of what would be printed.  Goes to show about assumptions.

Again, thanks Jim for your help.

DaverDee

• DaverDee
    DaverDee Member ✭✭
    Options
    By chance, do you know the criteria that determines if the Page Scaling is not/available?
  • Jim_Harman
    Options
    The availability of Page Scaling seems to depend on the printer you have chosen. For me it is available for Quicken PDF but not for my other printers.

It is probably a PostScript/PDF vs PCL thing...

This discussion has been closed.