Wealthscape Investor login URL is incorrect in Quicken

Trying to set up a new investment account for Wealthscape Investor.  Unfortunately, when I select it, Quicken shows an incorrect website URL and will not accept login to the site from Quicken. 

I looked at the list of supported institutions on the Quicken Help pages (https://fi.intuit.com/fisearchbasic/personal/quicken/basic_search/Quicken_windows.html)  and see that they have it listed as an Intuit page:

Wealthscape Investorhttp://web.intuit.com/banking/urlq2000.html

How can we get Quicken to update their database to the correct URL?

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @vtkaren

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

When Quicken connects with a Financial Institution using the Direct Connect connection method, it connects to a "port" at the Financial Institution server that may have a different URL address than the one used to login and view the account details.

I added an account with Wealthscape Investor to my Quicken data file to verify what internal URL Quicken is connecting to during the Add/Update Account process and there is multiple internal URL's.

When attempting to add the new investment account to your Quicken data file, are you receiving any error codes or messages during the setup process?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • vtkaren
    vtkaren Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken Sarah

Yes I do get an error message:

Sorry. We encountered an error (its not your fault)
    Quicken is having trouble connecting with Wealthscape Investor. 

If I go directly to the Weathscape login page at 
    https://investor.wealthscape.com/access/investor-index.html?login 
    I can login with no issues using the username and password that I entered in Quicken. 

Additionally, above the error message I get in Quicken, it shows:
    Wealthscape Investor
    WEB:  www.intuit.com | TEL: your broker/dealer customer ser

Note that for my other investments,the website shows as the correct financial institution website and a phone number displays.    This is why I think it's coded wrong on the Quicken side for Wealthscape. 

thanks,
    Karen
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vtkaren Please do TOOLS, Account List.  What does it show in the "Transactions Download" column across  from the name of your WealthScape account.
    Because, based upon the "it's not your fault" message, it sounds like you're using Express Web Connect ... whereas Sarah's reply indicated that Direct Connect is available.
    Also,  note in Sarah's message the references to Fidelity Investments.  I have multiple accounts with Fidelity, and they all download using Direct Connect.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• vtkaren
    vtkaren Member ✭✭
    @NotACPA it shows 'No (Activate Downloads)

If I try to set it up from that Activate Downloads link, I get the same exact message as if I do it from the Account |Online Setup page. 

My Fidelity accounts work as well.  The only not working is the new Wealthscape one. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you followed the directions in the initial Account Details window?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• vtkaren
    vtkaren Member ✭✭
    @NotACPA no I have not yet as I can login without issue using the username and password from the Wealthscape Website.   I really do think the issue is that Quicken is trying to send me to an intuit website (see address next to WEB:) and therefore cannot allow me to login. 
This discussion has been closed.