Quicken Win 2019 won't login to Edward Jones for download

Options
I am trying to setup a new investment account in Quicken but keep getting the response that I must have a userID and password from Edward Jones. I can login to my accounts on their website. I have called both them and Quicken tech support but am getting nowhere with either.
<!-- ***** RECV from https://ofx.edwardjones.com at 11:14:25 on 20190322 ***** -->

<!--
OFXHEADER:100
DATA:OFXSGML
VERSION:102
SECURITY:NONE
ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:1252
COMPRESSION:NONE
OLDFILEUID:NONE
NEWFILEUID:NONE

-->
<OFX><SIGNONMSGSRSV1><SONRS><STATUS><CODE>15500<SEVERITY>ERROR<MESSAGE>The system did not recognize the User ID or Password you entered. Please try again.</STATUS><DTSERVER>20190322131423.253[-5:CDT]<LANGUAGE>ENG<FI><ORG>Edward Jones<FID>823</FI></SONRS></SIGNONMSGSRSV1><SIGNUPMSGSRSV1><ACCTINFOTRNRS><TRNUID>484A99E0-7D34-1000-B1ED-EF4C01510026<STATUS><CODE>15500<SEVERITY>ERROR</STATUS></ACCTINFOTRNRS></SIGNUPMSGSRSV1></OFX>

Best Answer

• stallken51
    stallken51 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I changed the password to 16 characters - that solved the problem. However, it is interesting that my password for two other brokerages is much longer and has always worked. Thanks.

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do either your user ID or your password contain special characters? If so, which?
    Because certain (but far from all) special characters can disrupt the HTML based protocol used to connect Q to the FI.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• stallken51
    stallken51 Member
    Options
    My password contained one "@" however, at the suggestion of EJ tech support I changed the password to letters and numbers. It made no difference.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That character, @, isn't one of the prohibited symbols.  Try Q Support again ... because I suspect that something else is going on.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just a few shots in the dark ...

Does your bank require a PIN or password for downloading that is different from the website password? Some banks do ...

Some passwords are "case sensitive", i.e., "PASSWORD" is not equal to "password" or "Password"

Quicken limits passwords to 16 characters or less.

• stallken51
    stallken51 Member
    Options
    I will contact Quicken and EJ support again.
  • stallken51
    stallken51 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I changed the password to 16 characters - that solved the problem. However, it is interesting that my password for two other brokerages is much longer and has always worked. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.