Reports insist on showing splits even though I unchecked 'show splits'

When I run a report and in the customize window uncheck the box that says 'Show splits', the report still runs showing the splits.

I go back to the customize report screen and the box is checked.

I've done this many times, restarted the computer, etc. Nothing seems to work.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken are you running?

Which report? If this is a report you have customized and saved, try starting with one of the built-in reports.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • cheskienj
    cheskienj Member ✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe 2019.

It's a saved report. Banking/Transaction report, selected All accounts besides one and selected ~8 categories.

I recreated the report from scratch. Same thing.

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @cheskienj

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

When creating a new report or opening the originally saved report, do you open the Report and Graph center and then select/create the Report?

Or are you selecting the report directly from the Report menu > Saved Reports or Banking sub-menus?

If you haven't already, please open the Reports & Graph Center and create a new, customized report - is the "show splits" box checked or unchecked by default?

Uncheck the shows splits box if needed and view the report - does the "show splits" box still have the checkmark?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From C. D. Bales:
    "I recreated the report from scratch. Same thing."

Anytime you Customize a report to do something like "Subtotal by" Category (or select by Category), Quicken will ignore the "Show Splits" option. In order to subtotal (or select) by values that are part of split
    transactions (such as categories and tags), it is necessary to ignore the "Show splits" option. That has always been true.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• cheskienj
    cheskienj Member ✭✭
    Thanks C. D.

I use categories for everything and search/sort/report based on Categories. It sounds like, in order to get what I want, I need to create a report for the time span with no further filters besides for maybe excluding some bank accounts), export that into Excel (or similar program) and in Excel I would filter and/or sort and delete. Is there a better solution?

C
This discussion has been closed.