How do I have the name on a Check print differently than the Register?

I have a husband and wife that work for us....and they both want their checks written to their LLC.....so the same entity.   BUT, I really need to keep them as separate payee's for my books to work out correctly.... In Quickbooks there is a "Print As" field that allows you to designate who the check is written to....yet keeping the Payee distinct.   Any ideas how to do that in Quicken Home & Business??  

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can use a trick or two with the Payee Name field
    To keep separate Payee Names in Quicken, yet print the same "Pay to" address on the check, please try one or both of these:
    • Payee = Acme Anvils {Jane Doe}
      and        Acme Anvils {John Doe}
      The text in {curly brackets} will not print on the check, but appear anywhere else in Quicken
    • Use two distinct Payee Names to create two Address Book records. Work with the Format options of each Address Book record to get the Address to print as you desire. May take a little fiddling, but it can be done.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    After the check is printed, you can change the payee in the Quicken register.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could also simply use the Memo field when you're first creating the check to be printed.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can use a trick or two with the Payee Name field
    To keep separate Payee Names in Quicken, yet print the same "Pay to" address on the check, please try one or both of these:
    • Payee = Acme Anvils {Jane Doe}
      and        Acme Anvils {John Doe}
      The text in {curly brackets} will not print on the check, but appear anywhere else in Quicken
    • Use two distinct Payee Names to create two Address Book records. Work with the Format options of each Address Book record to get the Address to print as you desire. May take a little fiddling, but it can be done.
This discussion has been closed.