How do we renew Quicken Rental Property Manager?

Options
We rely on QUICKEN RENTAL PROPERTY MANAGER to manage our 20 rental units. The product has disappeared. Download capabilities are about to disappear. What can we do?

Comments

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Have you considered upgrading to the latest Quicken Subscription? That is the only way to continue download/online capabilities. If you choose not to upgrade, you can still maintain manually.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @PeterMorris12, what do you mean by "the product has disappeared"?  Is there no longer an icon for it on your desktop?  Is it no longer available under the Win Start menu?
    And, if download properties are about to disappear, that would suggest that you're running QW2016 ... is that correct?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• PeterMorris12
    PeterMorris12 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Sorry for ambiguities. The program is present and functional on my computer, but new versions do not appear at retailers or as an offering on the Quicken website. Yes, running QW2016. I can spring for a subscription if I find a relevant offer. So far, not seen one.

Do you remember what year was DOS Ver 5? I date my own usage back to about the mid-90s or before, but don't remember versions?

Thanks for speaking up!
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Try shopping around on eBay, Amazon, WalMart, etc.  They always have better pricing than does Q itself ... and frequently longer subscription periods also.
    Also note, that if you buy from Q, then the subscription starts on purchase date ... whereas if you buy elsewhere, it starts on INSTALL date.
    You might also look around for a copy of QW2017 ... the last version prior to the current "membership" model was created.  That'll get you downloads until 4/30/2020.
    And DOS v 5 was sometime back in the mid- to late- 1980's.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course Quicken is available for sale on quicken.com, but you will find the best pricing at an online retailer, Amazon and the like. You are buying an activation number and then downloading the new app.
  • Spotteddog
    Spotteddog Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I re-read this discussion. Twice. Am I missing something? PeterMorris12 stated that Q HBR is no longer available. I checked the Q site and, yes, they no longer offer Q HBR.
    It's not a matter of finding a "cheaper" price somewhere. It's the fact that it is no long available.
    As PeterMorris12 said. What are we supposed to do if we depended on the Rental Property Management part of Q 2019?
  • PeterMorris12
    PeterMorris12 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Spotteddog, thanks for understanding the issue, as I intended to raise it.

Based on other responses, it sounds like the Home & Business version may include the Rental Property functions that otherwise seem to have disappeared. I will check that out. We've used Quicken for some 25 years. As various activities and assets have grown, Quicken has barely managed to keep up. Yet it, and we, limp along. 
This discussion has been closed.