Looking for Keyboard shortcut to open brokerage transaction editor

Is there a keyboard shortcut for entering the pop-up editor for a brokerage transaction ?  

I have to edit a lot of brokerage transactions, and all the ways to open the editor require the mouse or multiple keys

double click, or
select row and click edit button, or
right click row and select edit option, or
menu Edit / Transactions / Edit Transactions, or
Alt E, plain T, plain D twice

Things are already slow enough when the edit is Done, and don't want to mouse around.

My banking register is 'live editing' for whatever cell I cursor to.  Not sure why brokerage register is not the same way.

Best Answers

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try CTRL-E.
    You're right! How could I have missed that?
    Must be getting old.  :frowning:
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Don’t beat yourself up, @UKR. CTRL-E is not listed in the online help’s keyboard shortcut page as it should be. I just submitted a bug report about that.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do pop-up menus have to be enabled for this to work?  Because, while in a brokerage acct, CTRL-E did nothing for me.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Pop-up menus enabled? Is that a Quicken thing?
    You must have an existing transaction selected. Then CTRL-E will edit it. It won't create a new transaction from the bottom empty line.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The existing transaction you wish to edit must have been selected (highlighted) already. This does not work for the new transaction line.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UKR Thanks, that was it.  But it seems kinda useless to only work to edit previously input transactions and not new ones.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Rocket J Squirrel
    CTRL-N opens the transaction editor to create a new investment transaction.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From C. D. Bales:
    My investment Transaction List Edit and Delete buttons have no underlined characters either; but I can click CTRL+e and open the Edit dialog for an
    investment transaction. Once in the Edit transaction dialog, I can Tab through all its fields. Q2019 R18.15.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Rocket J Squirrel
    I submitted a second bug report. The right-click menu in the investment register does not display the keyboard shortcuts as it should. So CTRL-E is completely undocumented.
    See, for example, the Tools menu, which properly shows keyboard shortcuts.

Compare with the investment transaction menu, which lacks them.

This discussion has been closed.