Trouble downloading investment price data

As of Friday April 26, I am having trouble downloading some investment prices (/quotes) into my Quicken database via the One Step Update (the update completes, but the investment price history data is unchanged). As of April 26 -
   - I can still download price data of ETFs that I own ( & have entries in Quicken for)
   - I can not download price data of mutual funds that I own ( & have entries in Quicken for)
   - I can not download price data of ETFs that I do not own but am watching (i.e., have zero shares in the database)
   - I can not download price data of mutual funds that I do not own but am watching (i.e., have zero shares in the database)
I am doing the same kind of update that I have done successfully for years.

I am interested if anyone else is having similar difficulties downloading investment data. I am using Quicken Premier 2016, version 19.5, Build 25.1.19.5 (yes, my subscription is set to expire on Tuesday April 30). I have assumed that I would be able to download data until the end of my current subscription.

Best Answer

Answers

• Doug2
    Doug2 Member
    I have same problem even though my subscription is not expiring soon.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried performing a Quotes update? I run this multiple times/day for updates. This may work if you are having an issue with OSU.
  • Steven Kisor
    Steven Kisor Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Same (or similar) problem here, using Quicken for Mac. (I now realize this shows as a Windows forum, but I see no other comments in the Mac forums)

My last portfolio price update was Apr 16.  Since then no price updates have been received.  Quicken appears to connect to the internet, because if I check for updates, it goes out to find I am on the latest build.
    When attempting to add a new mutual fund, Quicken cannot access investing.quicken.com and I get the ever-hated beachball of death.  I can only force close the program at that point. 

Version 5.11.0 (Build 511.25626.100)
    macOS 10.14.4
    Membership valid until Jan 14, 2020 (262 days from today)
  • learype
    learype Member
    Geoff - I have also tried to Download Quotes for an individual ETF, and that doesn't work for me either (no price data, and 'Data as of' date is not updated)
  • jkmont1
    jkmont1 Member
    I am having the same issue.  I have 6 different quicken files and  the price update worked on 3 of the accounts today, but not the other 3.  The last time I updated prices was the end of March.  I am running Quicken 2016.  I thought maybe they stopped the updated a little early - it was not supposed to work anymore as of 4/30.  So I downloaded the subscription version thinking it would work.  It still is not downloading prices and I am not able to add any new stocks since it tries to go to the internet and download information.  It appears to be updating...the arrow spins, but nothing downloads.  I looked at a previous post in March that said it was an internet setting issue with TLS 1.0.  All of my TLS boxes are checked.  I am running windows 10 Home.
  • learype
    learype Member
    jkmont - Is there anything different about the contents of the 3 files that updated versus the 3 files that did not?
  • jedavis
    jedavis Member
    when I hit the update tab and select quotes...it does not seem to be connecting?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You've double checked the Security List for checked Download Quotes is set, right?
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I just ran a quote update and ran as usual. Of course the market is closed today, but it still should connect and update.
    [Edit] I've noticed three posts with similar quote update issues, so there could be a server issue impacting some users. Try again in a few hours.
  • Michael Schmitt
    Michael Schmitt Mac Beta Beta
    The Quicken Quotes retrieval is failing with net status 31. It was working a week ago.

I have a subscription to Quicken for Mac 2019 Premier, although I'm using an older version since Q2019's investment support is still only partially working.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've noticed three posts with similar quote update issues, so there could be a server issue impacting some users. Try again in a few hours.
  • learype
    learype Member
    Geoff - Yes, the checkbox in the 'Download Quotes' column is checked for all of the ETFs and mutual funds in my database.

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are numerous postings today about quote update issues. I've been successful, but many seem impacted. I would say this is a server issue at this point. Try again in a few hours or so.
  • Michael Schmitt
    Michael Schmitt Mac Beta Beta
    ... and it's back.
  • learype
    learype Member
    Downloading quotes is still not working yet for me, I will try again later this week.
This discussion has been closed.