Problem adding Principal Funds account

menne007
menne007 Member
edited May 2019 in Investing (Mac)
I have been unable to add an investing account for Principal Funds. I have an existing online Principal Fund access. When I try to enter this account with Quicken for Mac (Deluxe 2019, Version 5.11.0), the error notice, "Incorrect Customer ID or Password/PIN" appears. Appreciate any suggestions.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Menne007,

Are you trying to connect using the Principal Financial Group or the Principal Funds?

Is the website that you visit to view these accounts www.principal.com?

Have you contacted the financial institution to verify the login?

Let us know!
    ~~~***~~~
  • menne007
    menne007 Member
    I’ve tried both: Principal Financial Funds and Principal Funds (it’s the same url address). Regarding contacting the financial institution, I am able to access the login successfully. Also, I recently changed password to shorten it to 16 digits. Successful with Principal; no luck with Quicken.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it possible that PF requires a password or PIN or even a logon ID for access with Quicken that is different from the one used at their website? Some banks do.
    Some banks / brokerages also require that "third party access" (meaning Quicken) be enabled in your user profile. That's something you should be able to set up on the website (or ask PF Support).
  • menne007
    menne007 Member
    Quicken error messages:
         Principal Financial Group: "Oops. We're having a problem. Quicken cannot communicate with Principal Financial Group. . ."
         Principal Funds: "Incorrect Customer ID or Password/PIN"

I've searched my user profile for "third party access" requirements to no avail.
    I've contacted Principal and awaiting response.

Appreciate any advice from Quicken superusers!
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @menne007

Thank you for providing that additional information, although I apologize that you have not yet received a follow-up response.

If you haven't already, please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select "Show Logs in Finder" and open the OFXLog.txt.

Scroll to the very bottom of the OFX Log and you should see a message and/or error similar to the one highlighted in the screenshot below.  

Please let us know what your error message/code says, thank you.

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.