Account balance is incorrect

This discussion was created from comments split from: register balance doesn't match account balance.

Comments

• hskaplan
    hskaplan Member
    edited May 2019
     Every transaction is exactly as it should be compared to the actual investment account. The total in the register exactly matches what it should for the investment account. However the account balance on the sidebar is a different number. It must be pulling it from a different place. How to fix?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    One way you can get different balances is if you have future-dated transactions and th Account bar is set to show your Ending balance rahter than your current balance.

In QWin 2019, click the gear to the right of Accounts at the top of the Account bar and select "Show current balance in account bar"
    QWin Premier subscription
  • hskaplan
    hskaplan Member
    I wish it was that simple, but no, there are no transactions in the future and when I make that display change the balance does not change. 
    All other accounts match fine.  One difference of this account  is that it is the cash-linked account to an investment account that only holds securities. It used to work fine, but not any longer. 
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    When an investment account has a linked checking account, the value of the securities in the account will show in the account bar as the value of the investing account and any cash in the account will show in the account bar next to the linked cash account. 

So if you have an account called "My Brokerage" that holds $1,000 in securities and $500 in cash for a total of $1,500, then in the Account bar you will see "My Brokerage" with $1,000 and "My Brokerage - Cash" with $500.

Are you seeing something different? If so please explain in detail.

QWin Premier subscription
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or see if you have any Security prices dated in the future.  You can just right click on the security and edit the price history to view the prices.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

This discussion has been closed.