how do i get split transactions to show up in the category on reports

Options
I would like the category of split transactions to count on reports.

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you select a Banking register or click on All transactions at the top of the account bar to view all your transactions then click on the Category heading to sort it by Category, you can view or print all the split transactions. Currently you have to hit Ctrl-P to print.

In general the reports show the portion of each split transaction that is assigned to each category, which I think is what most people would want.

Can you give an example of why you would want a report that shows a list of split transactions but not the categories that they use?

QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you select a Banking register or click on All transactions at the top of the account bar to view all your transactions then click on the Category heading to sort it by Category, you can view or print all the split transactions. Currently you have to hit Ctrl-P to print.

In general the reports show the portion of each split transaction that is assigned to each category, which I think is what most people would want.

Can you give an example of why you would want a report that shows a list of split transactions but not the categories that they use?

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.