Hidden security showing up in Account Overview

This question is similar but not identical to the other questions I have read.  I am using Quicken subscription version on a Windows 10 computer.  I enter all my own transactions, no downloads.  I have an old investment which is showing up in my Account Overview.  The reason my question is different from the ones I found is because I am not getting any errors.  There are no balances showing to throw off my totals.  I have gone into the securities list and marked it as hide but it still shows up.  I have several other old investments that are the same situation and they do not show up, just this one stubborn one.

Any ideas?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• ljonas
    ljonas Member ✭✭
    One other thing I just noticed, when entering a transaction, this investment does not show in the list of securities for dividends or buy.  It is only on the Account Overview if this helps at all.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    The security will appear in the overview if Quicken thinks there is some holding in the account.  Note: Quicken will round off the number of shares.  

If you haven't already, I suggest you replace the last sale or transfer transaction for the security with a transaction where you've chosen all instead of specifying a specific number of shares.
  • ljonas
    ljonas Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your response Sherlock.  I tried your suggestion and it didn't work.  The security is still showing in the overview :(
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    ljonas said:
    Thank you for your response Sherlock.  I tried your suggestion and it didn't work.  The security is still showing in the overview :(
    Are there any placeholder transactions in the account?  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7267839/quicken-faq-managing-placeholder-entries-in-quicken-for-windows
  • ljonas
    ljonas Member ✭✭
    It looks like placeholders occur when using downloads from the broker but I do not and never have used downloading for my financial information.   Also, this article mentioned clicking on placeholders at the bottom of the transaction screen and there are zero placeholders.  I am beginning to think this must be some kind of bug in the software.
  • ljonas
    ljonas Member ✭✭
    @NotACPA
    Yes, it is.  Is that my problem??
  • ljonas
    ljonas Member ✭✭
    Thank you.  That did work.  Appreciate the advise from both of you!
This discussion has been closed.