Recording Transactions

MartinG
MartinG Member ✭✭
I recently switched to Quicken 2017 from 2007 and am frustrated. I enter new transactions in the investment mode but the transaction is never recorded. What am I doing wrong? The transactions included dividend reinvestment and adding shares to the account.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello MartinG,

Sorry, to hear that you're having difficulty entering transaction in your investments account.

First, are you on the register screen for the investment account?

Next, are you selecting save or hitting the return key after filling out the transaction?

Do you receive any messages after entering the transaction?

Please let us know!
    ~~~***~~~
  • MartinG
    MartinG Member ✭✭
    I am in the register screen and I hit the save key. I have entered several transactions but the do not register.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Hello MartinG,

Do at any point get the message that is shown below?

Or, when you hit save, does the screen just stay on the transaction information that you are trying to enter?

Let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • MartinG
    MartinG Member ✭✭
    I do not see this screen, the screen just stays on the transaction information that I am trying to enter.
  • MartinG
    MartinG Member ✭✭
    Also, I cannot print out a copy of my Portfolio, like I could in 2007. Is there a way to do this?

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello MartinG,

It sounds as though the software isn't working properly.  I would start by uninstalling and reinstalling to see if you are then able to enter a transaction.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-do-i-download-quicken-quickencom-after-i-buy-it

In regards to printing the portfolio, that is unavailable in the 2017 version. This functionality is available in the 2019 version, I am unable to give an ETA of when or if this will be added to the 2017 version.

I apologize for not having better news in regards to printing the portfolio.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • MartinG
    MartinG Member ✭✭
    Thank you, I reinstalled and now it works. I still need to be able to print Portfolio. Can I do a copy and paste, or some other work around?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello MarinG,

I apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately, the only workaround available would be to capture a screenshot of the portfolio view.

For steps on capturing a screenshot, please see- https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
This discussion has been closed.