How do I view more transactions in a credit card account window than Quicken shows me?

Options
:) New to Quicken for Mac 2019. How do I view more transactions in a credit card window than Quicken shows me?

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @DonB I think we'll need more information about what you are seeing versus what you expect to be seeing.

My first guess is that you might have a date filter set. Filters are the row of drop-down menus just above the register column headings. For instance, here, I have selected dates "This Quarter" instead of "All Dates":

On your register, do you see the red X icon and Clear Filters button? It only shows up when there is a filter set. Click on it to clear any filters, and your register should now show all the transactions in that account.

If that's not the problem you're having, please provide more information. A screenshot (with any sensitive data blurred or blacked out) can sometimes be helpful.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • DonB
    DonB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for reply. No, this isn't problem. No filters set.

Another beginner question: how do I black out or blur sensitive data to give you more info?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Another beginner question: how do I black out or blur sensitive data to give you more info?
    Hmmm, for that you need some program which can edit/alter images. I usually use Photoshop, but you could use Preview on the Mac for this.

Take a screenshot and open it in Preview. To crop the photo, just drag your cursor over the area you want, and a dashed line will appear around it; then select Tools > Crop and it will crop the photo.

To black out an area of the photo, select Tools > Annotate > Rectangle (or Oval), drag your cursor over the area you want blacked out. you should see a dashed line with blue dots in the corners which you can drag to get the shape just right. Now, in the top menu area, identify the Fill Color tool (for me it's two to the left of the Crop button, but this may depend on what version of operating system you're on). Click on the Fill icon and select Black color, and your rectangle should be filled with black. If you need more areas blacked out, select Tools > Annotate >Rectnagle again and it will duplicate your black rectangle; reshape it by the corners and drag it where you want. Save the file.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    DonB said:
    FAQ: Posting a Screenshot
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
This discussion has been closed.