How to customize register column width

Options
There is a LOT of wasted space in each of the columns and I have to scroll right to see everything :(

When will Quicken make these columns adjustable?

Another nit...Hiding the MEMO field only adds blank space to the Payee field :(
I would call this a MISS in the software design review :[

Best Answer

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    In banking account registers, move the cursor over the border between headers at the top of a column. When the cursor icon changes to little arrows, click and drag to adjust the column width.

To make the whole register wider, you can put your cursor at the border between the register and the account bar and adjust the width of the account bar. You can also hide the account bar if you want by clicking the little arrow to the left of "ACCOUNTS"
    QWin Premier subscription

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    In banking account registers, move the cursor over the border between headers at the top of a column. When the cursor icon changes to little arrows, click and drag to adjust the column width.

To make the whole register wider, you can put your cursor at the border between the register and the account bar and adjust the width of the account bar. You can also hide the account bar if you want by clicking the little arrow to the left of "ACCOUNTS"
    QWin Premier subscription
  • TimGS
    TimGS Member
    Options
    When I first tried that it; it did not work. I just tried it again and it absolutely worked; I might have been putting the cursor over the column line withing the register and not the title like you have stated.

My Apologies to the Software team. :smile: )
This discussion has been closed.