Profit/Loss and Cash Flow in business

I just setup my Small business and a customer in Quicken. I have a business checking and credit card account. When I go to the business tab and then into Cash Flow sub tab, I see amounts for Inflow and Outflow only from my business checking account but not my business credit card. As I have expenses on my credit card, I want to track those as well in the Outflow section. Am I missing something? Also the Profit/Loss sub tab doesn't show anything. Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your credit card marked as a Business account in Quicken?
    Go into Edit Account Details, Display options tab for your credit card account.
    Under Account intent, the 2nd box should indicate "Business" instead of "Personal".
  • Anil
    Anil Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. Yes, it is setup as a Business Account.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do ALL of the transactions in that card account use either Categories, or Tags, that have been marked as "Business".
    You set a category as Business by associating the category with a Business tax line, such as a Schedule C tax line.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Anil
    Anil Member ✭✭✭
    Yes they are all setup as Business expenses (Schedule C). I am assuming there is no specific Schedule C category that I need to be using. In the Cash Flow tab, when I click on the 'Select Accounts' button it shows both my Checking and Credit account.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From C. D. Bales:
    The fact that you have designated a Quicken account as a "Business" account does not insure that transactions in that account will be "business transactions". Transactions in a Quicken "business" account can be business or personal. And "Business transactions" can appear in business or personal Quicken accounts.

To be treated as a business transaction, one or the other, of two conditions must be met:
    1.) The transaction has a Schedule C tax line item assigned
    or
    2.) The transaction has no tax line item assigned, but has a Business Tag assigned (See Business > Manage Business Information to add a "business" and give it a Tag).

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Anil
    Anil Member ✭✭✭
    > @mshiggins said:
    > From C. D. Bales:
    > The fact that you have designated a Quicken account as a "Business" account does not insure that transactions in that account will be "business transactions". Transactions in a Quicken "business" account can be business or personal. And "Business transactions" can appear in business or personal Quicken accounts.
    >
    > To be treated as a business transaction, one or the other, of two conditions must be met:
    > 1.) The transaction has a Schedule C tax line item assigned
    > or
    > 2.) The transaction has no tax line item assigned, but has a Business Tag assigned (See Business > Manage Business Information to add a "business" and give it a Tag).

I tried the above. I made sure the categories that are tied to the business expenses have a Schedule C tax line assigned. They still did not show up in the business tab. Then i removed the Schedule C tax line items and made sure the transactions are assigned a business tag. They still doesn't show up.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, specifically

• one or more transactions in the account register and/or their Split details view
    • and an extract of the Category List view showing all columns for the Business categories used in these transactions,

sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of the webpage. At the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

This discussion has been closed.