Why are there no updates to Quicken mac 2019

Options
The last update was almost 4 months ago. Has the company stopped developing for Quicken Mac?

Best Answer

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    No, they have not stopped. My guess is the next update will contain some more major improvements.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • vahe guzelimian
    vahe guzelimian Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    RickO, want to make a friendly bet there won't be one in June?
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    A virtual donut?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken 5.11.1 is a minor patch to fix two specific problems (downloading from Fidelity, and having Quicken Bill Pay not charge those with Quicken Premier subscriptions).

It's been an unusually long time since the last real new release (in March), so I'd continue to expect a version 5.12 release with new features sometime in the near future. the product manager has made some broad promises about long-requested features being worked on or planned, so I'd expect to see one or more of them delivered in the next update.

We never know what problems/bugs/delays they may have run into during development, and I'd always rather have them take longer and get it right than push out a buggy release and then have to fix it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Marcus
    Quicken Marcus Employee ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vahe guzelimian, please join our beta program so you can see all the good stuff we're working on.  The 5.12 release is a big one for us with lots of changes.  It launched to beta testers at the end of May. We're taking our time with it so we get it right and launch with minimal issues but getting close to launching it soon
This discussion has been closed.