why do I have to manually add ESPP shares owned or newly purchased shares in to quicken 2019 v 19.52

Options
I have had 2 things happen I downloaded a wells fargo file an it immported in to both the wells fargo account and the etrade account which made that account imossible to sort out. the Etrade account has only Lowes stock in it so it was easier to delete and re-download the acount.

Now my question is Quicken Etrade only downloads the cash value and not the previously own shares. I have to add them in this case the previously owned shares but the next time Lowes desposits the ESPP monies and purchases the sharesI will have to add them in as well.

thanks

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I strongly suggest you restore a datafile you saved before you imported the data into the wrong account.

Otherwise, I suggest you import the available transactions into a new brokerage account and reenter all of the missing transactions manually.  

Note:  
    • The financial institution may not make all prior transactions available to Quicken.
    • When we delete transfer transactions in one account, we are impacting the other account.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In my experience, E*TRADE does not make ESPP or other employee stock option transactions available for downloading. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jerry Revier
    Jerry Revier Member ✭✭
    Options
    mshiggins I tend to agree as I have done this same operation of deleting the etrade file and rebuilding. thanks for the repiy
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On the plus side, the ESPP wizard feature is rock solid and has been so for a lot of years. It's one of the tipping points that convinced me to switch from managing my finances with home grown spreadsheets to managing my finances with Quicken. 

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.