Some brokerage transactions not downloaded, can I get QM 2019 to download?

Options
RCinNJ
RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
Is there a way to force QM to download transactions it missed, or another solution? On June 20th I sold 2 bond funds and purchased 2 others. QM picked up the sales and missed the purchases. The sales are shown as cash. There may be other missing transactions, but these threw off the balance enough to be obvious. I assume I can enter these manually, but if I do, I will also have to check all the recent transactions in all my accounts looking for problems. There are no Placeholders. The account is at Fidelity.

Version 5.11.0 (Build 511.25626.100).

Thanks for any help!

Best Answer

• RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    @jacobs, I waited and they appeared (as placeholders)! I've never seen transactions take so long to appear, but perhaps it is how Fidelity is reporting these purchases?? QM also downloaded dividends from the two funds today that were paid on June 28. I wonder if the appearance of these dividends forced QM to recognize the purchases??  

I also see a new update today that includes "Improved download reliability for Fidelity Investments", so I can hope this is the kind of download reliability improvement this update addresses. I've only had this account at Fidelity a few months, but obviously others have had problems. I purposely downloaded transactions today before applying the update to see if they appeared on their own. 

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I can't say for certain, but often if there are missed transactions like you're describing, it's not that Quicken is missing them, it's that Fidelity isn't sending them. I';m wondering: were these independent transactions to sell, then purchase? Or at Fidelity, was it a single exchange transaction to purchase shares of Fund B with the proceeds of the sale of Fund A?

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @jacobs, thanks for replying. These were independent transactions. On the Fidelity site they show as separate sales and purchases. Also, the dollar value of the sales and purchases are not exactly the same. Online, the settlement date shown for both the sales and the two purchases was June 21. I waited 6 business days to see if the transaction appeared, although in the past purchases have always appeared within a couple of days of a purchase. I downloaded the June statement today and it shows the Sale and Purchase settlement dates as June 28. Of course, it is not unusual for the transactions to be recorded right away but the formal settlement date to be a few days later. In any case, the sales downloaded on June 21 and the purchases did not (and also did not on June 28). I guess it's not impossible that it will appear tomorrow, July 1 (the next business day after June 28). It seems doubtful, but I'll certainly report back if it does. It would be a first if it shows up that late.

If it was a bank account I'd download the file and look to see if transactions were missing, but I'm not aware of anything similar for brokerage accounts.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Yes, I'd wait to see if it shows up tomorrow (or even Tuesday) if it just posted Friday for whatever reason.

(I was going to suggest downloading a file from the financial institution, but realized there is not such thing for this type of transaction.)
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    @jacobs, I waited and they appeared (as placeholders)! I've never seen transactions take so long to appear, but perhaps it is how Fidelity is reporting these purchases?? QM also downloaded dividends from the two funds today that were paid on June 28. I wonder if the appearance of these dividends forced QM to recognize the purchases??  

I also see a new update today that includes "Improved download reliability for Fidelity Investments", so I can hope this is the kind of download reliability improvement this update addresses. I've only had this account at Fidelity a few months, but obviously others have had problems. I purposely downloaded transactions today before applying the update to see if they appeared on their own. 
This discussion has been closed.