Linking a checking account to Existing Acct

"Show cash in a Checking Acct " option is not available for an IRA Brokerage investment account. I realize you do not normally have a checking acct in an IRA acct; but I want to keep track of cash flow and be able to reconcile the cash acct.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    To reconcile the cash in the IRA Brokerage investment account, open the account and press Ctrl + R.  To track cash flow, include the IRA Brokerage investment account in the cash flow views and reports.

Note:  Quicken usually helps us track the IRA distributions as cash transfers out of the IRA account by associating an appropriate tax schedule: open the account, press Ctrl + Shift + E, select Tax Schedule.
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    From C. D. Bales:
    "'Show cash in a Checking Acct' option is not available for an IRA Brokerage
    investment account."

Correct. Been true since at least Q2002 - I suspect it is intentional. Seems like it could be related to needing to identify transactions that transfer cash out of the IRA account for tax purposes, by assigning a tax line item to those withdrawals.

" ... I want to keep track of cash flow and be able to reconcile the cash acct."

More specifics might help. Not sure why you can't track cash flow, and reconcile transactions, with just the investment account.

Sent 07-04-19 @ 12:42 CDT

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

This discussion has been closed.