Rel 19.55 Windows. Reports with split selections showing multiple tags not as entered.

On reports using a tag selection, split transactions show up with multiple tags not on the transaction or even the selected tag. Impossible to correct. Very frustrating. This is a very old problem.
Tagged:

Answers

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello Rick Fisher,

Thank you for reaching out to the community with your issue, although I do apologize that you have not yet received a response.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? And what type of report(s) are you using when you see this issue? Is it a specific tag(s) or is it all tags? And is it all split transactions that this is occurring with, or one's with specific categories/payees/tags, etc? Identifying a pattern can help to determine the issue. 

Please let us know!

-Quicken Natalie 

• Rick Fisher
    Rick Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    Just updated to 20.15. Still have the problem. I never use split tags and the transactions in question do not have split tags. However the transactions involved are all split. This is a clue.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I see that the report is showing multiple tags on the splits when the original transaction only had one tag per split.

What standard report is this based on? It looks like the Banking Transaction report but please confirm.

If the report was saved in an earlier version of Quicken, please try re-creating it from one of the standard reports and let us know if the problem persists.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Rick Fisher
    Rick Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    It is the Banking Transaction report created using 20.15, one selected tag, sub-totaled by Category.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see this problem with some test transactions. In your example, what tag(s) were selected in the report customization?

Does the problem happen with all split transactions that have different tags on the splits, or only some of them?
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.