Cash Account not updated when multiple Securities are sold.

Quicken Release R19.38
When I manually sell multiple securities from an investment account using the "Enter Transaction" window, only the first transaction updates the linked Cash account. All subsequent transactions fail to update the Cash account.
If I then go to the investing account, edit each of the transactions ("Edit sell - Shares Sold" window), not change anything, then click the "Enter/Done" button, the cash account will be updated.
This just started occuring.

Answers

• jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Looking for a couple of details first, what type of Quicken account is this? Brokerage, Single Fund, 401k? 

Is there a separate checking account associated with this brokerage account where every transaction needs to be a transfer in/out of funds?
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
  • KenMitchell
    KenMitchell Member
    I'm using a brokerage account with a linked cash account. Normally, when I sell a security from the brokerage account, the funds will automatically be transferred to the linked cash account. If I am making multiple sales, this occurs correctly on the first sale but not on the other sales. This is something that has just started happening. Both accounts were started several years ago and I have not made any changes to these accounts.

Thanks for your response.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I see that too in a test brokerage account with a linked checking account in R20.15.

Click on Enter Transactions and set up a Sell transaction, enter it with Enter/New.
    Set up a second Sell transaction and enter it with Enter/Done

The second Sell is recorded in the transaction list as Sold rather than SoldX, which you should never get in an account with a linked checking account, and the proceeds of the sale do not appear in the linked account.

Note in the screenshots the newest transaction is at the top. I sold 2 securities "Div Reinvest" and then "My Bond"; the proceeds from the second sale have disappeared.

Sad!
    QWin Premier subscription
  • KenMitchell
    KenMitchell Member
    That looks like what I am seeing. If you go back and edit the sale, make no changes, then save it, the funds will be transferred to the cash account correctly. Like I said, this is something that just started happening. Maybe occurred in one of the last few updates.
  • Jim_Harman
    Yes I agree - click on Edit for the Sold transaction, make no changes, and then Enter/Done.

It turns into a SoldX ans the proceeds appear in the linked account.
  • KenMitchell
    KenMitchell Member
    This appears to be a bug from one of the last few updates. Is there a way to report bugs to Quicken?
  • Quicken SangeethaS
    Quicken SangeethaS Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, Noted. We'll check this and get back.
  • Jim_Harman
    Thanks Sangeetha,

We have not heard from you in a while!
  • KenMitchell
    KenMitchell Member
    Thanks for your response, Jim.