Transaction cannot be deleted, saved, moved, or voided

I have one transaction in a credit card account that I simply cannot get rid of. Ctrl-D prompts "Delete the current transaction?" as normal, but clicking Yes doesn't delete it. If I change anything or void it, it can't be saved. If I click "Edit transaction" it opens the Find and Replace window. I tried Validating the file and no error found. Driving me crazy! Help!

Best Answer

Answers

• The Keeper
    The Keeper Member ✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried right-clicking on the transaction and then selecting delete? It still brings up the same window as Control D but give it a try.

Another option is to right-click on the transaction and select "cut"

Another option is to select the transaction - click "edit" from the menu bar at the top of the screen - select "transaction" - select "void transaction" The payee name will still appear next to the "void" in the register but you can delete the payee name if you wish and still leave the "void". When you save the transaction the amount in the payment column will change to zero.

These are just some guesses but give it a try and see if it works.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Save a data file backup (press Ctrl + B), create a new manual credit card account register, move all of the other transactions to the new register, reset any reminders and memorized payees referencing the original register, delete original register, and optionally, rename the new register and setup the Online Services.
  • brysyguy
    brysyguy Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Gary Massey, for your answer, but I already tried these (and others). Delete via the menu, delete via right-click menu, delete via Ctrl-D ... always the same behavior: nothing happens. Voiding and editing prompt me to save the entry, but won't save it. I fear I'm going to have to take Sherlock's approach: build a new copy of the register.
This discussion has been closed.