Still can't create new backup

Options
I've had trouble creating a back up since 4/2018. I've reviewed community responses, but can't seem to find stream that has solution. Currently running Home, business & rental 2019
When I go to back up, I am asked where, append date, etc. I then get 3 messages. Top one is "Unable to open file source. I close that and underneath is 'Quicken cannot open data file because it is in use...". I close that and then see "Unable to reload current file after copy". I then see a header, but nothing below. I then have to close Quicken and reopen. I've tried to back up manually and when asked as I try to close, with similar results
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? As @Sherlock posted, are you using OneDrive or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • techview
    techview Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank You Sherlock and Greg_The_Geek. The data file did reside in my Dropbox. I copied it back to my documents folder, renamed the file in Dropbox, then reopened Quicken and directed the program to the new file in documents. Now doing a backup with no problem.
This discussion has been closed.