Removing Closed Accounts from One Step Update

Options
I need help here. I closed an account in Quicken. It had one step update enabled. The account closed as expected, but now every time I update using one step update it asks for the accounts information. I cannot remove it from one step update since it has been closed in Quicken it does not give me any options to disable the feature. What can be done?

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You should be able to go to OSU Settings and uncheck the box for the closed account. Or you can restore a backup from before closing the account and deactivate Online Services first and then close.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • derekw
    derekw Member
    Options
    To clarify what happened. The account was compromised and Chase issued a new number for the credit card. Same bank, just different account numbers now. When I have OSU settings open it shows Chase checked (does it assume Chase is for every Chase account instead of the active one?). It connects properly to the new account and downloads all the transactions. The old closed account then asks for the credentials after the OSU finishes. Every time. This happened about a year ago and I've been living with this since. Support wants me to delete the account. I have over 10 years of transactions in that one account and want it for reporting. I don't have a backup from a year ago with the account. Along with other issues with the product this one is starting to become the hair on the camels back and just jump ship to something else.

Is my only solution to using a money management software is to delete accounts?

Thanks.
  • derekw
    derekw Member
    Options
    Made a backup. Is there a place/link that will give me steps to moving transactions from one account to another?
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Click the first transaction in the account register and then hold the Shift key and click the last one. Click the gear on the right and select Move transaction(s) and select the new account.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • derekw
    derekw Member
    Options
    Done. And that seems to have worked. I had to remove the OSU and add it again. Was getting CC-502 error when trying to connect.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

If I knew about moving transactions like that I would have tried a lot sooner. This has changed my daily life for the better. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.