Quicken 2002 to Quicken 2013 upgrading

Hey there,
I have a question concerning the updates of Quicken. So, at my job we have a 2002 version of Quicken and need to upgrade. However, being based in Europe, we cannot do a new version, I was given a 2013 free version as the best I could get. Still, following the guide on how to install everything to the new version I need to convert to 2004 first and then to 2013-but I have a european version of 2002 and I am extremely worried that by updating to the new version of 2004 first, it will already not work and I will lose all my data (since the version 2004 will run over 2002).
Are my concerns justified?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are worried about the transition failing, do the install of 2004 on a second computer and do a backup to a thumbdrive on the 2002 version and restore it on 2004.  Then proceed to 2013.
    You won't be losing any data since it is in the data file and not the program.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• yeah, was concidering this but the issue is that all the computers we have have the newest windows on and this does not support Quicken 2004. Thanks anyways, I suppose will have to find some older version of windows on some computer somewhere else:)
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send me a PM with your email address. I have Quicken 2004 running on a Windows XP VM.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can install and run QW2004 on Win10.  I just did a test install and it works.  
    Now, all the features like Help and reports may not work correctly, but that should not prevent you from doing the conversion from 2002 to 2004.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• thank you guys for all the help. I managed to download it and it works however it doesnt support my data since we have european version and it says it supports only US. Any clues what to do about that?
    Thank you all!
This discussion has been closed.