Quicken doen't recognize my password, ID, or email address. How do I get access to my account info?

I have been a Quicken user since 2011, and constantly have sign in problems. Most of the time Quicken won't recognize my password, I'll change it, and the next time I sign in Quicken doesn't recognize it. Today neither my password, user name or email address were recognized, leaving no way to update my info online and access my account. What to do now?

Best Answer

• muchy1
    muchy1 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    All OK now, thanks, Creator. Turned out to be just a password problem. I tried again and this time asked for the change password code to be emailed instead of sent by text. When I got to my account I saw that the reason I wasn't getting the code was because my land line phone is the one on my account (will change that). Fortunately Quicken does have my email as ID, so there was no unexplained loss or change of account info.
    muchy 1
    Quicken Deluxe 2017 download
    R19.5 Windows 7 64 bit

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which Quicken account are you trying to login to? Your username/password for quicken.com are independent of your username/password for community.quicken.com.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @muchy1 ,

Go to: https://www.quicken.com/  and Sign in into your Account there and make sure everything is correct. Do not change it using your Quicken program. If you can't get in, then click on Forgot Quicken ID or password.

Once you are signed in, make sure that it is to correct Quicken ID, that it tied to your Membership. You should see Download Quicken and your Membership Status.

If everything is correct, Sign in normally to make sure it works.

When it works, Open Quicken. Click Edit then click Preferences.

Click Quicken ID. Now click Sign in as a different user. Type yes to confirm Sign out.
    Now Sign in again.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• muchy1
    muchy1 Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Creator, but Quicken has no record of my email address when I type it in requesting my ID. Also no pass code comes to my phone when I request password reset. So, Quicken has no record of my ID, password or phone number. Strange thing is that in May I had no problem signing in to download the Quicken program to another computer.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @muchy1 ,

See this FAQ: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7307115/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-how-you-are-connected-to-the-internet

The link to Quicken Support is there

But you just stated in May, you had no problem signing in to download  the Quicken program to another computer.

You should still have access to that installation. On the other computer, Open Quicken, click Edit then Preferences. Click Quicken ID.

Check the spelling of your Email Address. Email Address equals Quicken User ID.

If you no longer have access ti that computer, I submit that your Quicken User ID, Email Address and Cell Phone number has been changed without you knowing it.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• muchy1
    muchy1 Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    All OK now, thanks, Creator. Turned out to be just a password problem. I tried again and this time asked for the change password code to be emailed instead of sent by text. When I got to my account I saw that the reason I wasn't getting the code was because my land line phone is the one on my account (will change that). Fortunately Quicken does have my email as ID, so there was no unexplained loss or change of account info.
    muchy 1
    Quicken Deluxe 2017 download
    R19.5 Windows 7 64 bit
This discussion has been closed.