Downloaded Transactions won't Accept into register

I had a problem with Investment transactions that Quicken would download but wouldn't allow me to accept them into my register. I started a chat with Quicken C.S. Agent quickly decided my data file was corrupted and instructed me to lose 26 years of transaction history and just create a new Quicken file. I explained that I had the same problem on three separate Quicken files (not backups, completely different separate files). He refused to give me any other option than start over and lose everything. He did tell me my Quicken version was outdated. I suggested updating Quicken but he said no, that wouldn't work (even though the Quicken website clearly says transactions won't download into an old version of Quicken I found out later)
This solution made absolutely no sense to me and his solution was completely unacceptable. I finally gave up with him, wished him a nice weekend and ended the chat.
I then downloaded and updated Quicken and, lo and behold problem solved!!!
I've long known Intuit has very little regard for their customers and clearly the new venture capital company that now owns Quicken is no better.
This C.S. person is extremely poorly trained and clearly wanted to do the absolute minimum to help me.
The thought has occurred to me that "He" is probably a bot.

So if you have this problem, make sure your Quicken version is up to date. It is supposed to Auto Update but didn't in my case.

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken were you using? Quicken only "Auto Updates" releases and not versions. For Quicken 2017 and earlier, Online Services are discontinued 3 years after the release on 4/30.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What edition (Starter, Deluxe, etc,) year and version were you running when you encountered this problem?

What is the corresponding info for the version that fixed it?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I suspect you are now running the Starter Edition, which does not allow any changes to investing accounts

[Edit] I see from @Quicken Sarah below that this was actually a different problem...
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.